Avataa Rouillier Drilling (ARD) is working with exploration companies operating in Nunavik by providing diamond drilling services and is looking for young dynamic individuals who are interested in working as Drill Helper trainees.
We are looking for local Nunavik Beneficiaries to fill Drill Helper Trainee positions starting mid February to around end of April and possibly longer. Individuals hired for these positions will be under the supervision of the ARD Drill Foreman.
If you are interested in this position and possess the required qualifications, please forward your resume to AVATAA ROUILLER DRILLING INC, P.O. Box 939, Kuujjuaq, Quebec, J0M 1C0, 819-964-0131.
Fax : (866)-823-9581, e-mail : email@example.com
The Drill Helper Trainees will be expected to:
- Assist in the installation of the drill;
- Perform the maintenance of work tools and work surface;
- See to the supply of equipment to be used;
- Ensure proper placement of core samples in boxes;
- Manipulate the core sample tubes (place and retrieve);
- Monitor the water lines, pumps, fuel and propane levels and the drill;
- Assist in the displacement of the drill;
- Assist and support the driller for the proper progress of the drilling activity
Qualifications and Experience: Must have a minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent or work experience, be able to work in isolated settings, be able to speak and read in two of the three languages; Inuktitut, French and/or English.
Drill Helper trainees are expected to work 7 days per week for 2-3 consecutive weeks. A day of work generally begins with the breakfast at 6h00 and finish at 17h00 with the supper.
We offer a unique and rewarding experience and the possibility to work 12 hour shifts.Apply for this job